A new home: Caravan in Cornwall

I never thought I would find myself living in a caravan, which is essentially a small trailer home, but now that I'm in one, I can't say that I'm disappointed. And after living on a boat last summer with two other people for two weeks, this is a dream!

My caravan is nicely situated in the farthest southern corner of England, in fact the most Southern point (Lizard Point) is just a 15-minute drive away. To get to the caravan park, I drive a mile down a winding, one-lane road into and out of a small valley that leads me to a clifftop with a gorgeous view of the surrounding area - including a view of the ocean in the distance. The caravan park is incredibly well maintained and is mixed use with space for permanent caravans and mobile caravans (the kind that you can pull on a trailer behind a vehicle).

When I first entered my own, it was smaller than I expected, but the living room more than makes up for it. The expanse of windows across the front is a lovely change and makes a grey rainy day still feel light and airy. 

I'm a 10 minute walk down the valley to the beach through a lovely forest path (covered with blooming bluebells at the moment) or a 10-minute walk in the other direction through the fields to a local pub, tiny convenience store and a Thai takeaway place.

If I want to venture farther away by car, I definitely have a drive, but it also means that the tourists haven't swarmed this area quite yet (they will come for the long weekends and summer months but until then I have a very empty caravan park to enjoy).

Take a tour of my new (temporary) home:

Comments

  1. More spacious than the tiny home! How’s the weather been there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was... well, it was miserable. Mostly rain and wind and more rain and wind. But to be honest, eventually you just become accustomed to it. I learned to travel with hat, scarf and gloves in my pack and could easily put on or take off layers depending on what the weather decided to do for that 20-minute span. Despite the weather, I still loved the region!

      Delete

Post a Comment